Sausage Bacon Tidbits
These taste-tempting tidbits come gift-wrapped. The savory sausage stuffing rolled up in bacon makes an irresistible combination that everyone loves.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 35 min.
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 1-1/2 cups herb-seasoned stuffing mix
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 pound sliced bacon
- Place stuffing mix in a bowl. In a saucepan, heat butter and water until butter is melted. Pour over stuffing. Add sausage and egg and mix well. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Cut bacon strips in half; wrap a strip around each stuffing ball and secure with a toothpick. Place in a ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes. Turn; bake 15 minutes longer or until bacon is crisp. Drain on paper towels; serve warm.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 190 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 491mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Sausage Bacon Tidbits in Country Woman Christmas 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.