- 1 package (8 ounces) fully cooked breakfast sausage links
- 3 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apple
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- Applesauce, warmed
- In a large skillet, brown sausages over medium heat. Meanwhile, arrange apples in a greased 8-in. square baking pan; top with sausages.
- Prepare corn bread batter according to package directions; spoon over sausages. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cut into squares; top with warm applesauce. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forSausage Apple Squares
"My husband and I thought this was pretty good, but was missing something. I did sprinkle some brown sugar over top the apples before adding the sausage. The sausage I used was apple & brown sugar flavored, which I baked in the oven. I thought it could use a bit more sausage, maybe an extra link or two. Instead of the apple sauce, we just used maple syrup. Next time I may try apple butter on top instead. Honestly I couldn't tell very much that it was corn bread. I'm not sure what I can add to take this to the next level, but I'd give this a try again."
"Best Brunch I have ever made. To save time I used canned apples in water and drained the apples. I used "splenda" to sweeten and cinnamon for extra flavor."