Sausage Apple Roll
My family loves country-style cooking. But once in a while, I like to dress up down-home dishes and make them a little more special for company. A crunchy coating adds a nice touch to a traditional sausage loaf.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 2 pounds bulk pork sausage
- 2 cups finely chopped tart apple
- 1 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- Pat sausage onto waxed paper to form a 14x9-in. rectangle. Combine apple, wheat germ, bread crumbs and onion; mix well. Spoon and gently press onto sausage; beginning at the narrow end and using the waxed paper as an aid, roll up jelly-roll style.
- Place in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a thermometer inserted into the center of the roll reads 160°-170°.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 248 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 397mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.