Sausage and Zucchini
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 pound fully cooked smoked sausage
- 4 cups cubed zucchini
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cut sausage in half lengthwise, then into 1/2-in. slices; brown in a large skillet over medium heat. Drain. Add the zucchini, tomatoes, onion, lemon juice, oregano, salt and hot pepper sauce if desired. Cook for 15 minutes or until zucchini is just crisp-tender. Sprinkle with flour; toss to coat. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 300 calories, 23g fat (11g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 1018mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Jul 23, 2012
Yum! Great way to use up abundant garden zucchini. I also added some yellow squash. Would also be good over pasta or rice. My husband really liked the sauce.
Aug 12, 2009
We have made this many times to use up garden zucchini. It is wonderful served over chow mein noodles. Everyone in our family loves this dish.