Sausage and Pumpkin Pasta for Two
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1 cup uncooked multigrain bow tie pasta
- 1 Italian turkey sausage link (4 ounces), casing removed
- 1/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook the sausage, mushrooms, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the chicken broth, pumpkin, wine, sage, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Drain pasta; add to the skillet and heat through. Just before serving, sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
Nutrition Facts1-3/4 cups: 347 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 733mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 7g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Oct 31, 2011
Ok, but did not make the keeper file.
Jan 31, 2010
This recipe tastes delicious! I forgot to put in the parmesan cheese the first time I made it and it stilled tasted great. I've used salami instead of the sausage as well.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.