Sausage and Pumpkin Pasta for Two
"We really enjoy this meal. Cubed leftover turkey may be substituted for sausage.” Just add to the skillet with the cooked pasta for a fast meal." Katie Wollgast — Florissant, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1 cup uncooked multigrain bow tie pasta
- 1 Italian turkey sausage link (4 ounces), casing removed
- 1/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook the sausage, mushrooms, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the chicken broth, pumpkin, wine, sage, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Drain pasta; add to the skillet and heat through. Just before serving, sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
Nutrition Facts1-3/4 cups: 347 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 733mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 7g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Oct 31, 2011
Ok, but did not make the keeper file.
Jan 31, 2010
This recipe tastes delicious! I forgot to put in the parmesan cheese the first time I made it and it stilled tasted great. I've used salami instead of the sausage as well.