Eggs in the morning just aren't the same without sausage and potatoes. These two favorite breakfast side dishes are conveniently cooked in the same skillet, so you only dirty one pan.
Recommended: 80 Recipes for Serious Potato Lovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (8 ounces) Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Golden Brown Sausage Links, thawed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red or green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut sausage links into bite-size pieces. In a covered skillet, cook sausage in water and oil over medium heat for 5 minutes. Remove sausage with a slotted spoon and keep warm. Carefully add potatoes, red pepper and onion to pan. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Uncover; cook 5-6 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Return sausage to pan; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Potato Skillet in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2001
Reviews forSausage and Potatoes Skillet
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 3, 2014
"Thought I may add some eggs...."