Sausage and Potatoes Skillet
Eggs in the morning just aren't the same without sausage and potatoes. These two favorite breakfast side dishes are conveniently cooked in the same skillet, so you only dirty one pan.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) frozen Jones All Natural Fully Cooked Sausage Links, thawed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red or green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut sausage links into bite-size pieces. In a covered skillet, cook sausage in water and oil over medium heat for 5 minutes. Remove sausage with a slotted spoon and keep warm. Carefully add potatoes, red pepper and onion to pan. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Uncover; cook 5-6 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Return sausage to pan; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 337 calories, 29g fat (8g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 549mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Sausage Potato Skillet in 2001 Taste of Home Calendar
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.