- 4 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 3 Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 2 envelopes thick and zesty spaghetti sauce mix
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook penne according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook the sausage, mushrooms, pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and the vegetables are tender; drain and remove from pan.
- Cook pepperoni in the same pan until heated through. Return sausage mixture to the pan.
- Stir in the water, tomato paste, spaghetti sauce mix, olives, oil and garlic salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Drain pasta; stir into sausage mixture. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forSausage and Pepperoni Pizza Pasta
"It was ok, but I don't think it'll go into my recipe box. I was expecting more of a pizza taste to it."
"I made this dish just as the recipe says and my family enjoyed this recipe!. It's a keeper in our book!"
"I made the sauce in my slow cooker and it turned out wonderfully."
"i made this recipe once before as it was written, but the sauce was too sweet for my Italian husband. The first ingredient on the spaghetti sauce packets is sugar. So when I made it the second time I use canned pizza sauce (about 2 and a half jars) and both my husband and I liked it much better. When I make it a third time I will add pepper flakes to give it a more punch."
"Made this for our Super Bowl party.I used my own sauce instead of water and spaghetti sauce mix.Was very good."