Sausage and Mushroom Breakfast Pizza
Pizza is perfect for breakfast or brunch when it's made with this recipe. Sometimes, I put it together the night before, refrigerate and bake it in the morning. My family always requests this hearty pizza.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, separated into 20 biscuits
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 12 large eggs
- 3 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cover the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan with biscuits; set aside. Crumble sausage into large skillet; cook over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain; place sausage in a bowl and set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter for 3-5 minutes or until tender; add to the sausage.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs. Coat skillet with cooking spray. Add eggs; cook and stir over medium heat until nearly set. Add sausage and vegetable mixture; cook and stir until completely set.
- Spread egg mixture over biscuits. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and bake at 400° for 12 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-13 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and biscuits are golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 428 calories, 27g fat (12g saturated fat), 370mg cholesterol, 826mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.