Pizza is perfect for breakfast or brunch when it's made with this recipe. Sometimes, I put it together the night before, refrigerate and bake it in the morning. My family always requests this hearty pizza.
Recommended: 45 Recipes for Mushroom Lovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cans (7-1/2 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, separated into 20 biscuits
- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 12 eggs
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cover the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan with biscuits; set aside. Crumble sausage into large skillet; cook over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain; place sausage in a bowl and set aside. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter for 3-5 minutes or until tender; add to the sausage.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs. Coat skillet with cooking spray. Add eggs; cook and stir over medium heat until nearly set. Add sausage and vegetable mixture; cook and stir until completely set.
- Spread egg mixture over biscuits. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and bake at 400° for 12 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-13 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Breakfast Pizza in Country Woman March/April 2003, p31