Sausage and Lentil Soup
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 1-1/4 hours
Makes6-8 servings (2 quarts)
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 2 cans (10-1/2 ounces each) condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the next nine ingredients.
- Bring to a boil. Add lentils. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 60-70 minutes or until the lentils are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 145 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 732mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 7g fiber), 10g protein.
Jan 26, 2015
This was great. My first time using lentils and I really liked them. This is a nice heartycold day meal. Thanks for sharing!
Jan 12, 2012
tasty and very satisfying soup, great for those colder months
Nov 1, 2011
One of our favorite soups. We double the recipe every time we make it.
Nov 9, 2010
This soup was delicious and very easy to make!!! It had a lot of flavor and my husband and I loved it!! This will definitely be one I make again!!