- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 2 cans (10-1/2 ounces each) condensed chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with liquid
- 1 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, brown and crumble sausage; drain. Add next nine ingredients; bring to a boil. Add lentils. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 60-70 minutes or until the lentils are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews forSausage and Lentil Soup
"This was great. My first time using lentils and I really liked them. This is a nice heartycold day meal. Thanks for sharing!"
"tasty and very satisfying soup, great for those colder months"
"One of our favorite soups. We double the recipe every time we make it."