- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 6 slices white bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, brown and crumble sausage; drain and set aside. In a large bowl, beat eggs; add milk, salt and mustard. Stir in bread cubes, cheese and sausage.
- Pour into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forSausage and Egg Casserole
"This recipe is great for a crowd when you don't want to be standing at the stove or waiting on the toaster. It was simple to make and prep ahead of time. It tasted great and was easy to serve."
"delicious! will try again"
"Kids love it. I make it very early on Sunday mornings before going to church."
"I make this for New Year's brunch every year. I use a bag of seasoned croutons instead of the bread. I also sometimes add a chopped up onion and/or red bell pepper when I'm cooking the sausage. Everybody enjoys it, and being able to put it together the night before is a real bonus since I'm not a morning person. ;-)"
"I made two of these for a party and everyone loved them! Add 1/2 cup finely chopped onion. I wanted to make one spicier so I added fresh, chopped green chilis. For flavor use 4oz, for spice use 8oz. I didn't have ground mustard so I used 1 Tbs of Dijon."