Sausage and Cheese Stromboli
One taste of this yummy sausage loaf at a Christmas party years ago, and I knew I'd be taking the recipe home for the holidays. A hit back then, it's become a family tradition. I like to serve it with hash brown potatoes and a fruit salad.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + standing
- 2 pounds bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Picante sauce
- In a skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a bowl. Stir in the cheeses, eggs, parsley, salt and hot pepper sauce; cool.
- Prepare hot roll mix according to package directions. Roll dough into a 17x14-in. rectangle. Spoon filling over dough to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Seal seams and tuck ends under. Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with butter. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with picante sauce.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.