- 2 sliced bread
- 1/2 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Remove the crust from the bread and cut into 1-in. cubes. Place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. In a skillet, brown the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Sprinkle the sausage and cheese over bread cubes.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour over the sausage and cheese. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until puffed and golden. Yield: 2-4 servings.
Reviews forSausage and Cheddar Breakfast Casserole
"Although the recipe was easy to prepare, it was too bland for our tastes. Will try making it again using bulk Italian sausage for more flavor."
"This is an awesome recipe. I've used ham in stead of sausage. I've even used hamburger buns and it's worked out well."
"I doubled the recipe and added some onion and bell peppers.... I was glad for the extra flavor from that, but overall disappointed in the blandness of the dish."
"Okay recipe when you are in a hurry."
"My family loves this dish. I like to put it together the night before so I can just pop it in the oven in the morning. I used maple flavored sausage in a pinch once. Now that is our favorite way to make it."