Sausage and Bean Soup Recipe
- 2 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced halved fresh carrots
- 1 cup cubed peeled potatoes
- 3 cups water
- 8 ounces smoked Polish sausage, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh marjoram or 1/8 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain. Saute onion in drippings until tender. Stir in carrots and potatoes; cook for 2 minutes. Add water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 9-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 2. Stir in the sausage, green beans, kidney beans, parsley, salt, pepper and marjoram; heat through. Sprinkle with reserved bacon. Yield: 5 servings.
1-1/3 cups: 305 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 1000mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 6g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Sausage and Bean Soup
"I thought this was okay but not great. It was a little too greasy tasting for my taste."