- 1 package (16 ounces) potato gnocchi
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 Italian turkey sausage links (4 ounces each), casings removed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook sausage 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking up sausage into crumbles. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Add spinach and tomatoes; cook and stir just until spinach is wilted.
Stir in gnocchi and spaghetti sauce; heat through.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled gnocchi mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a skillet, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSausage, Spinach and Gnocchi
"Packed with flavor! Whole wheat gnocchi is a good option. I doubled recipe - 5 sausage links & 10 oz spinach were plenty.- Theresa"