Why pay restaurant prices when you can make it yourself at home? This savory breakfast sandwich is so simple, you can whip it up on a weekday morning. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Featured In: Restaurant Recipes You Can Make at Home
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup Quick Baking Mix
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 2 frozen Jones All Natural Fully Cooked Sausage Patties
- 2 slices process American cheese
- In a small bowl, combine baking mix and water just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Pat or roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 3-in. biscuit cutter.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk eggs and chives. Heat a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add egg mixture; cook and stir until set. Heat sausage patties according to package directions.
- To assemble, split each biscuit; layer with a cheese slice, sausage patty and scrambled eggs. Replace tops. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Sausage 'n' Egg Biscuits in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009, p53
Reviews forSausage 'n' Egg Biscuits
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 23, 2012
"There needs to be a recipe for sausage and egg biscuits?"