- 1/2 pound maple pork sausage
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 large eggs
- Salsa, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in sweet potato, onion, chili powder and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, in another nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Break eggs, one at a time, into pan; immediately reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, 5-6 minutes or until whites are completely set and yolks just begin to thicken. If desired, carefully turn eggs and cook second side to desired doneness. Sprinkle with the remaining salt and pepper. Serve hash with eggs and, if desired, salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSausage & Sweet Potato Hash
"I have made this several times and love it! I'm not a fan of maple flavor, but it works really well in this recipe. It is a great weekend breakfast entree.."
"Outstanding. The recipe yields 4 servings, but 3 people can easily devour this!"