We love pepperoni pizza at our house so much that I wanted to try adding some to my favorite Italian sausage lasagna. It turned out great and the spicy zip adds just a little something extra. —Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
Recommended: 50 Great Ways to Make Lasagna
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 lasagna noodles
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 2 cartons (15 ounces each) ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 package (7 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cook noodles according to package directions for al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce. In a large bowl, combine ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg, garlic and seasonings.
- Spread 1 cup meat mixture into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with three noodles, 1 cup meat mixture, half of the ricotta mixture, half of the pepperoni and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining meat mixture.
- Bake, covered, 40 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Sausage & Pepperoni Pizza Lasagna in TasteofHome.com 2017