Sausage & Pepper Pierogi Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (12.84 ounces) frozen mini four-cheese pierogies
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound smoked turkey kielbasa, halved lengthwise and sliced diagonally
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- Boil pierogies according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add kielbasa, pepper and onion; cook and stir 10-12 minutes or until sausage is browned and onion is tender. Remove from pan.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add pierogies; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned. Return kielbasa mixture to pan; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 257 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 968mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein.
Jan 19, 2017
This is a very easy dish. I will try it again. However, I will fry the pierogi instead of boiling them. They were mushy compared to the rest of the dish. Or, I will serve them on the side.
Dec 2, 2016
easy and delicious. my husband loved it
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.