I love this frittata because the combination of fresh flavors makes it special. It's the perfect sunny south Florida breakfast.—Wolfgang Hanau, West Palm Beach, Florida
Featured In: 30 Breakfast Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 ounces Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh pineapple
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 6 tablespoons marinara sauce
- 2 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Preheat broiler. In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, cook sausage, mushrooms, onion and pepper over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, breaking sausage into crumbles; drain.
- Return sausage mixture to skillet; stir in pineapple. Pour in beaten eggs. Cook, covered, 4-6 minutes or until nearly set. Spread marinara over top; sprinkle with cheeses.
- Broil 3-4 in. from heat 2-3 minutes or until eggs are completely set and cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley; cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sausage & Mushroom Pizza Frittata in Breakfast & Brunch Bookazine 2014, p62