- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Unroll crescent roll dough into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Seal seams and perforations. Sprinkle with sausage and cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over sausage and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Make-Ahead: Refrigerate unbaked casserole, covered, several hours or overnight. To use, preheat oven to 375°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake as directed, increasing time as necessary until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forSausage & Crescent Roll Casserole
"We liked this, but I think 1 cup mozz and 1 cup cheddar would bring up the rating. I’m going to give this another try."
"Loved this recipe, I also substituted cheddar cheese and I added a layer of shredded hash browns to the top. Reheated leftovers in the oven on my cast iron griddle and was even better the second time around!!"
"The breakfast was very good. However next time I think I will use some cheddar cheese or something to just 'spice' it up a little."
"I love this recipe. I was not sure about the 2 cups of milk, I thought that was too much and was afraid it would be soggy. I made it according to the recipe except I added green peppers and onions. It was perfect. The second time, I needed to take it to work so I prepared the crescents and added the meat and cheese the night before. In the morning, I poured the eggs over it and baked it. This is very easy and versatile."
"Made this for my husbands breakfast group and they loved it - but added way too much hot sauce for me but it was a hit."