Sauerkraut Beef Supper Recipe
When I was growing up, my mother made this old-fashioned dish to mark the beginning of fall. Her light-as-air rolls and creamy custard raisin pie were wonderful accompaniments.—Carol Ann Cassaday, St. Louis, Missouri
- 1 pound uncooked lean ground beef
- 2/3 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1-1/4 cups finely chopped onions, divided
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 bacon strip, diced
- 1. In a bowl, combine the beef, ham, rice, 3/4 cup onions, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; mix gently.
- 2. In a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish, place half of sauerkraut; sprinkle with half of the remaining onions. Top with meat mixture, remaining sauerkraut and onions. Sprinkle with sugar and remaining salt and pepper. Top with bacon. Cover and bake at 375° for 65-70 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 256 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 1190mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein.
Reviews for Sauerkraut Beef Supper
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC