Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 1 hour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup water, divided
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 10 whole cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 12 gingersnaps, crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, 3/4 cup water, bread crumbs, onion, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture; mix well. Shape into eight patties.
- In a large skillet, brown patties on both sides; drain. Add the broth, vinegar, brown sugar, cloves, bay leaf, gingersnaps and remaining water. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until meat is no longer pink. Discard cloves and bay leaf.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 297 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 665mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 23, 2012
made this tonight .. it was AMAZING - i added dried parsley and dried minced garlic to the meat mixture though i just had to :) i think it needs more gravy too - i thinned it out with more water as it cooked down .. it was awesome though !!!!!!!! DEFINITELY A KEEPER i tried a roast a few weeks back and it was awful ... this was the perfect flavor i was looking for !!