- 2 eggs
- 1 cup water, divided
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 10 whole cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 12 gingersnaps, crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, 3/4 cup water, bread crumbs, onion, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture; mix well. Shape into eight patties.
- In a large skillet, brown patties on both sides; drain. Add the broth, vinegar, brown sugar, cloves, bay leaf, gingersnaps and remaining water. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until meat is no longer pink. Discard cloves and bay leaf before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forSauerbraten Patties
"made this tonight .. it was AMAZING - i added dried parsley and dried minced garlic to the meat mixture though i just had to :) i think it needs more gravy too - i thinned it out with more water as it cooked down .. it was awesome though !!!!!!!! DEFINITELY A KEEPER i tried a roast a few weeks back and it was awful ... this was the perfect flavor i was looking for !!"