This is my daughter Tonya's favorite meal. Sometimes we make it with rigatoni and call it "Riga-Tonya." It's a great dinner and a nice way to prepare yummy vegetables for the kids. —Sandra Eckert, Pottstown, Pennsylvania
Recommended: 50 Pasta Recipes from Around the World
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat spiral pasta
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 large green or sweet red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) firm tofu, drained and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the onion, pepper and zucchini in oil until crisp-tender.
- Stir in tofu and spaghetti sauce; heat through. Drain pasta; serve with tofu mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Saucy Vegetable Tofu in Healthy Cooking December/January 2013, p77