Saucy Turkey Meatballs
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place on a rack coated with cooking spray in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the sauce ingredients; pour over meatballs. Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 217 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 695mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat.
Sep 16, 2017
This was really good! I made it just as it was written. Sometimes I combine things from recipes I like into one. That's what I'm doing tonight. Your meatballs are addicting! Thank you for sharing it with us!
Dec 3, 2015
OMG These are good. The meatballs are moist and the sauce to die for. I don't make them often because when I do, I find it hard to stopping eating them. Serving size three meatballs, um NO!
May 12, 2015
Oct 11, 2013
These are delicious! We like to make the meatballs ahead of time and then freeze them. They are the perfect go-to appetizer or main dish!
Mar 16, 2013
I pretty much followed the recipe but cut it in half and now I know the secret ingredient to make a moist meatball. I browned the meatballs in butter and w-sauce, then made a brown gravy with the bits in the pan and some homemade chicken stock instead of the ketchup sauce. I poured the brown gravy over the meatballs and baked at 300 until bubbly....yummy!
Jan 1, 2013
I just made these the other day for a pot luck party. Everyone raved at how good they were and wanted the recipe. Thumbs up from me too!!! Reminds me of some my Mom made me and my sister when growing up.
Oct 31, 2011
I loved this. I even was able to sneak some celery in there with out anyone noticing. I also put a splash of hot-sauce in the sauce.
Oct 6, 2009
My husband and I don't usually like turkey, but I made these because we are trying to eat healthier. They were delicious! Thanks for a great recipe!