- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup Thai peanut sauce
- 2 prebaked 12-inch pizza crusts
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Place chicken in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, mix sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger and pepper; pour over chicken. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Preheat oven to 450°. Remove chicken from slow cooker; discard cooking juices. Shred chicken with two forks; transfer to large bowl. Add peanut sauce; toss to coat.
- Place crusts on two ungreased 12-in. pizza pans or baking sheets. Spoon chicken mixture over crusts; top with coleslaw mix and cheese. Bake 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with green onions, peanuts and cilantro. Yield: 2 pizzas (6 slices each).
Reviews forSaucy Thai Chicken Pizzas
"This pizza is delicious! The peanut sauce and cilantro along with the crunch of the coleslaw mix and peanuts made it very tasty. I used chicken breasts instead of thighs, and I didn't have salted peanuts, so I used honey roasted peanuts. I will definitely make it again!"
"This was great! I prepared a half-recipe for the two of us. We had the chicken with rice first. A few days later I made the pizzas using two small pizza shells. That worked especially well for us because one of us doesn't eat nuts and the other dislikes cilantro. My husband loved both meals. Two keepers in one recipe -- a win-win situation.Update: I now make the pizzas with 8" flour tortillas. I began with the pre-baked pizza crusts specified in the recipe, then tried both pitas and naan, but settled on the tortillas as being the least-filling option. I plan to try using a large, rectangular pre-baked crust as the base for a party-sized appetizer soon."