Saucy Thai Beef Noodles Recipe
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh carrot
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1 cup fresh snow peas
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring the first eight ingredients just to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- 2. Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- 3. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in 1/2 teaspoon oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 4. Stir-fry carrot and red pepper in remaining oil for 3-4 minutes. Add snow peas and onions; stir-fry 2-3 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Return beef to skillet.
- 5. Drain noodles; add to the pan. Add peanut sauce and toss to coat. Sprinkle with peanuts and cilantro. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cups: 536 calories, 19g fat (4g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 795mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 5g fiber), 34g protein.
Reviews for Saucy Thai Beef Noodles
"too much PB!"
"My daughter just ask me when we could have this recipe again. I'd say that makes it a winner."
"Very delicious and pretty simple to prepare. We did use a little less hot pepper sauce and halved the red pepper flakes because we don't like things too hot and this the first time we were making the recipe but I think the full amount would be okay. Everyone loved it, definitely a keeper. Honestly, it was better than many restaurant Thai dishes."
"Everyone in our house loved it, from the 3 yr old up to my hubby. Definitely a keeper! Can't wait to try it with chicken, & I like the suggestion of adding extra veggies."
"This was good. If I make it again, I will reduce the amount of noodles and up the amount of vegetables. I would also suggest maybe adding some broccoli flowerets etc. I didn't care much for the "pasty" texture of the sauce. I love cilantro but will omit it next time. Overall, just good!"
"I am reluctant to try this recipe because I can't have peanut butter. Can this recipe be made with almond butter instead?"
"Followed the recipe, except I used some sesame oil and substituted rice noodles because that's what I had. We thought the peanut flavor was just right. It was delicious! We will definitely add this to our repertoire."
"only thing i changed was chinese noodles in place of spaghetti.still was absolutelly great ,hot mustard for dipping rice bread sticks,and good strong green tea."
"Great recipe. My family loved it. I might cut back a smidge on the peanut butter next time, but it was great!"
"made this for my family as directed and it was great!! I loved it!!"
"This was absolutely delicious!! My husband went on and on about how good it was and to make it again! It's so easy and simple too! I made a few alterations but nothing super big. Instead of minced garlic I used garlic salt (because I ran out); I added tofu; left out the sherry and extra salted peanuts. So yummy!!!"
"Family really enjoyed this meal, and it was not too difficult to put together. I would definitely make this again."
"Wow! Finally got around to trying this one and will DEFINITELY be making it again! LOVED IT!!We didn't think the peanut sauce was overpowering at all! It was perfect! Loved the bite from the red pepper flakes and hot sauce. It sort of just hit the back of the tongue at just the right moment and was such a pleasant surprise! Not too much heat, but a bit of heat that was definitely needed!!Next time, I'll cut the recipe in half. When we reheated the leftovers, THEN the peanut sauce seemed a bit heavy. Also really missed that nice crisp-tender crunch from the veg!!!Definitely a winner IMHO!! :o)"
"Made recipe as is (did not cut down on peanut butter) and thought it was great!"
"Too much peanut butter!!"
"The peanut butter was very overpowering...but if you do 1/4 cup peanut butter and maybe increase the soy sauce to 1/2 cup it might give it a better flavor. Otherwise, I loved it!!"
"Our family loved this. I will definitely make again and double it next time so we can have more leftovers!"
"This recipe too a lot of time to prepare and was not good. The sauce is very thick and only tastes like peanut butter. Nobody in my family enjoyed it."
"Too much peanut butter flavor for most of my family- only 1 out of 5 really liked it a lot."