Saucy Southwestern Pork Chops
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons enchilada sauce mix
- 4 tablespoons sliced ripe olives, divided
- 1 small green pepper, sliced into eight rings
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Sprinkle pork chops with pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chops in 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onion in remaining oil until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, chilies, water, sauce mix and 2 tablespoons olives. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Return chops to the pan; top with green pepper rings. Cover and simmer for 9-12 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Remove chops and pepper rings; keep warm. Stir sour cream into sauce until blended. Serve with pork and rice. Garnish with remaining olives.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 439 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 861mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 36g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 3, 2014
Delicious...I didn't have the enchilada sauce mix so used half a can of mild enchilada sauce, oil cued black olives and some red pepper flakes...really good. I downsize all recipes so used 2 pork chops and the appropriate amount of the other ingredients.
Oct 31, 2011
I didn't have green pepper but I don't think you would need it. Good recipe.