Saucy Southwestern Pork Chops
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons enchilada sauce mix
- 4 tablespoons sliced ripe olives, divided
- 1 small green pepper, sliced into eight rings
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Sprinkle pork chops with pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chops in 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onion in remaining oil until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, chilies, water, sauce mix and 2 tablespoons olives. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Return chops to the pan; top with green pepper rings. Cover and simmer for 9-12 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Remove chops and pepper rings; keep warm. Stir sour cream into sauce until blended. Serve with pork and rice. Garnish with remaining olives.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 439 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 861mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 36g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 3, 2014
Delicious...I didn't have the enchilada sauce mix so used half a can of mild enchilada sauce, oil cued black olives and some red pepper flakes...really good. I downsize all recipes so used 2 pork chops and the appropriate amount of the other ingredients.
Oct 31, 2011
I didn't have green pepper but I don't think you would need it. Good recipe.