Saucy Skillet Steaks Recipe
- 4 beef ribeye steaks (3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. Place a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. In batches, brown steaks for 1-2 minutes on each side. Remove from pan.
- 2. In same skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in broth.
- 3. Return steaks to pan; cook 4 minutes. Brush tops with mustard; turn and cook 3-6 minutes longer or until steaks reach desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Season with salt and pepper to taste; sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving: 628 calories, 48g fat (22g saturated fat), 165mg cholesterol, 479mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 42g protein.
Reviews for Saucy Skillet Steaks
"Wow! What a delicious recipe! So juicy!~ Theresa"
"This recipe is a keeper for me just because it is so quick. The steaks turned out very well, not dry at all like sometimes happens when I broil them. I used spicy brown mustard since I don't have Dijon. The only thing I would change is use low sodium broth since I prefer less salt."