Saucy Skillet Fish
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds halibut, haddock or salmon fillets or steaks
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt, paprika and pepper. Add fish and shake to coat (if using fillets, cut into serving-size pieces first).
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender; remove and set aside. Add fish to the skillet, cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove fish to a serving plate and keep warm.
- Add the sour cream, basil and onion to the skillet; heat through (do not boil). Serve with fish. Garnish with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 319 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 531mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 6, 2015
Question; Can you substitute any portion of sour cream with Greek yogurt?
Jan 31, 2015
This was delicious, will definitely make it again.
Aug 25, 2014
I just love this recipe! I make it quite a bit. It's very quick and easy and tastes so good. I use tilapia.
Apr 7, 2013
T have made this recipe quite a few times over the years and it is always a big hit. It's the recipe my husband always requests for special dinners. I have only used Halibut.
Mar 29, 2012
I've made this a few times & it's wonderful.
Mar 6, 2012
This was absolutely delicious.
Feb 10, 2012
We liked this, but the sauce had a little too much onion flavor. I might make this again, but I would try a different fish. I used salmon.
Aug 16, 2011
Super easy to make and even got my 3 year old to eat it! I made too much sauce though so planning on making again tomorrow.
May 18, 2010
I'm always trying to find recipes that I like that use fish and this one is wonderful. It's easy and delicious. I have used whiting and flounder.
Feb 20, 2010
I'm not big on fish, but try to have it during lent for my husband. We both liked this recipe. I cut the recipe in half and it worked very well. I also liked that it was so quick.I used halibut.