I created this extra-special fried chicken for a graduation banquet. Days after the party, people were calling to get the recipe...I was happy to pass it on.
Recommended: 50 Chicken Recipes That Are Surprisingly Low-Calorie
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon meat tenderizer, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon each ground turmeric, curry powder, onion powder, garlic powder, ground mustard and dried sage
- Pinch ground cloves
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Hot mashed potatoes, optional
- Combine flour and seasonings in a shallow bowl or large resealable plastic bag. Dredge or shake chicken in flour mixture. In a large skillet, cook chicken in butter over medium heat until browned on both sides. Pour cream over chicken; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Serve sauce over chicken and mashed potatoes if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Saucy Skillet Chicken in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p37
Reviews forSaucy Skillet Chicken
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 1, 2009
"I think the test kitchen should test this one again. YUK!!!!!"