Saucy Scalloped Pie Recipe
- 1 package (5-1/4 ounces) cheesy scalloped potatoes
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Prepare scalloped potatoes according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine chili sauce and Italian seasoning. In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, onion, garlic and 1 cup chili sauce mixture. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- 2. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until no pink remains; drain. Add mushrooms and Parmesan cheese to scalloped potatoes. Spoon into meat shell.
- 3. Bake for 10 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown. Heat the remaining chili sauce mixture; serve with individual servings. Yield: 4 servings.
Simple Suggestion: Out of chili sauce: Combine 1-1/2 cups tomato sauce, 1/2 to 3/4 cup sugar and 3 tablespoons vinegar, and use in place of a 12 ounce bottle.
1 each: 516 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 2163mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 5g fiber), 30g protein.
Reviews for Saucy Scalloped Pie
"First off, I didn't realize that prepare the potatoes meant cook the potatoes. I thought that meant prepare it for cooking, not actually cooking it. The other downside is that the chili sauce is too much--don't get me wrong, I love chili sauce, but it probably should have been a lot less because the beef was so "soupy" using 12 oz. I think if it's adjusted (and if the directions were a little more clear for the potatoes) this has a lot of potential."
"Picture in My Pictures - Recipes - Looks Great!"