Saucy Scalloped Pie
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package (5-1/4 ounces) cheesy scalloped potatoes
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare scalloped potatoes according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine chili sauce and Italian seasoning. In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, onion, garlic and 1 cup chili sauce mixture. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until no pink remains; drain. Add mushrooms and Parmesan cheese to scalloped potatoes. Spoon into meat shell.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown. Heat the remaining chili sauce mixture; serve with individual servings.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 516 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 2163mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 5g fiber), 30g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 29, 2014
I've made this recipe for years. It's a quick supper and provides the "something different". Super easy to make, great flavor.
Aug 1, 2012
First off, I didn't realize that prepare the potatoes meant cook the potatoes. I thought that meant prepare it for cooking, not actually cooking it. The other downside is that the chili sauce is too much--don't get me wrong, I love chili sauce, but it probably should have been a lot less because the beef was so "soupy" using 12 oz. I think if it's adjusted (and if the directions were a little more clear for the potatoes) this has a lot of potential.
Apr 30, 2008
Picture in My Pictures - Recipes - Looks Great!