Saucy Sausage and Veggies
This recipe calls for a broccoli-carrot-water chestnut blend, but feel free to use whatever mixed vegetables you like.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 2 packages (1 pound each) frozen mixed broccoli, carrots and water chestnuts, thawed
- 1 pound fully cooked smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup whole kernel corn, drained
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Place vegetables in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. In a skillet, brown sausage; drain. Layer over the vegetables.
- In a saucepan, combine soup, milk, cheese and pepper. Cook over low heat until cheese is melted; remove from the heat. Stir in sour cream; pour over the vegetables and sausage.
- Combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until browned and bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 369 calories, 26g fat (13g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 1256mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Originally published as Saucy Sausage and Veggies in Country Pork