Saucy Pork Chops with Vegetables
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- Hot cooked noodles or rice
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, brown pork chops on both sides. Remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute the carrots, green pepper and onion until crisp-tender, stirring to loosen any browned bits from pan. Stir in the soup, water and sage.
- Return chops to the pan. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve with noodles or rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 284 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 436mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 34g protein.
Feb 7, 2016
Identical to a Campbell's soup recipe I've been making for years. I leave out the green pepper and replace the water with an equal amount of apple juice. Delish!
Jan 22, 2014
I used 2 cups carrots, changed the pepper to a red one ( more flavor i think) used a small onion, added i cup diced celery, and low or no salt leek soup. cooked in a slow cooker and served over noodles. We love this one.
Jan 15, 2012
We really like this meal. I add more carrots than called for and I also like to add some celery. I usually make this in my crockpot for an easy meal and serve it over noodles. I make it often.
Oct 22, 2010
Pretty good. Served it with rice. Will double the sauce next time, since it didn't make enough for hubby and me. But will be making this again.