- 6 pork chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- Hot cooked noodles or rice
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, brown pork chops on both sides. Remove and set aside. Saute the carrots, green pepper and onion until crisp-tender, stirring to loosen any browned bits from pan. Stir in the soup, water and sage. Return chops to the pan. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until meat is tender. Serve over noodles or rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSaucy Pork Chops with Vegetables
"Identical to a Campbell's soup recipe I've been making for years. I leave out the green pepper and replace the water with an equal amount of apple juice. Delish!"
"Pretty good. Served it with rice. Will double the sauce next time, since it didn't make enough for hubby and me. But will be making this again."