Saucy Pork Chop Skillet Recipe
- 3 cups uncooked instant brown rice
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown pork chops on both sides; remove from pan.
- 2. Add onion to drippings; cook and stir until tender. Stir in tomatoes, broth, parsley and seasonings; bring to a boil. Return pork to pan. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 6-8 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°.
- 3. Remove pork to a serving plate; keep warm. In a small bowl, mix flour and water until smooth; stir into sauce. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Spoon over pork; serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
1 pork chop with 2/3 cup cooked rice and 1/3 cup sauce: 436 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 382mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 38g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Saucy Pork Chop Skillet
"Very good, fast and easy"
"This was a good meal. I am always looking for different things to make for dinner. Flavors were a little different."
"We didn't really like this recipe. My pork was tough."
"I did not particularly care for the blend of flavors in this dish. But since my husband liked it pretty well, I averaged our reviews to a 3."
"Very tasty! The sauce was awesome and my husband loved the dish. I usually dread pork chops because they always turn out dry when I cook them, but this recipe made them moist and delicious."
"Great for a week night! I used boxed four cheese rice, which tasted yummy with it, along with fresh steamed broccoli. I did salt and pepper the chops....definitely needed it. But this is an outstanding recipe!"
"I would make this again as an alternative to my usual pork chops."
"Made this for dinner tonight. Very tasty! Served it with basmati rice and fresh green beans. This one is a keeper. Next time I make it, I will add some minced garlic with the onions."
"This was so easy to make and delicious. The simple ingredients made a very favorful meal. Served with rice and broccoli. Will definetly make this again."
"My whole family loved this! I made it with a side of couscous instead of rice. The pork chops were juicy and really flavorful. Definitely a keeper!"