Saucy Pork and Beans
—Ginnie Busam, Pewee Valley, Kentucky
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 4 cans (15 ounces each) pork and beans
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup cola
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or until heated through. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 223 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 935mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 7g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Cowboy Beans in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2008