Saucy Peach Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced peaches in extra-light syrup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and basil. Drain peaches, reserving syrup in a measuring cup; add enough water to measure 1 cup. Set peaches aside. Stir the syrup mixture, vinegar and soy sauce into the brown sugar mixture until smooth.
- Remove chicken and keep warm. Stir syrup mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return chicken to the pan. Add peaches; heat through. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 329 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 510mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 9, 2013
Wonderful, light, and fresh dish. 1/2 tbs of dried basil does not really cut it. I used a TBS of dried basil, then garnished it with another 2 TBS of fresh basil.... awesome.