Saucy Parmesan Chicken
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (7 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the soup, beer, curry, oregano, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Place chicken in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Pour soup mixture over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 24-28 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 307 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 568mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 42g protein.
Apr 26, 2012
i agree with mjlouk - this is okay but not good enough to make again. i didn't like the beer taste in the sauce.
Feb 24, 2010
This was okay but not fantastic.
Mar 6, 2009
Prepared this last night after a busy day with not much time to think about supper. Husband loved it; served with the mushroom couscous (pg 15) and sauted baby spinach. We are only two so I needed to cut the recipe down, which still worked fine. Definitely a keeper.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.