Saucy Parmesan Chicken
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (7 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the soup, beer, curry, oregano, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Place chicken in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Pour soup mixture over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 24-28 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 307 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 568mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 42g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 26, 2012
i agree with mjlouk - this is okay but not good enough to make again. i didn't like the beer taste in the sauce.
Feb 24, 2010
This was okay but not fantastic.
Mar 6, 2009
Prepared this last night after a busy day with not much time to think about supper. Husband loved it; served with the mushroom couscous (pg 15) and sauted baby spinach. We are only two so I needed to cut the recipe down, which still worked fine. Definitely a keeper.