Saucy Orange Roughy
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 pound orange roughy fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Orange slices and fresh tarragon, optional
- In a small microwave-safe dish, combine the first six ingredients until smooth. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds; stir. Cook 45 seconds longer or until thickened. Stir in orange zest and tarragon; set aside.
- Place fish in an ungreased 11x7-in. microwave-safe dish, with the thickest side toward the outside of the dish. Sprinkle with salt. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Top with orange sauce. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 30-45 seconds or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with orange slices and fresh tarragon if desired.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with an 850-watt microwave.
This recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 111 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 475mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1/2 fruit.
May 27, 2013
This has been one of my go to recipes for a busy day ever since I first saw it several years ago. Super easy and absolutely delicious.
Oct 17, 2008
I was surprised, but it actually was pretty good microwaved. It was quite tasty with the sauce.
Aug 26, 2008
micro wave good fresh fish...Hmmmm don't think so
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.