I don't have a lot of time on my hands. But after busy days on our dairy farm, everyone expects a good hearty supper. So I came up with this simple savory dish.
Recommended: 27 Christmas Pudding Recipes for the Holiday Season
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed or 12 dinner roll dough portions
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup sliced frozen carrots, thawed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- If using bread dough, punch down and divide into 12 pieces. Flatten each piece or roll into a 6-in. circle. Press circles into the bottom and up the sides of greased muffin cups. In a saucepan, combine remaining ingredients except cheese; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until heated through. Spoon into bread cups; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until browned. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Saucy Muffin Cups in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p68