Saucy Muffin Cups
I don't have a lot of time on my hands. But after busy days on our dairy farm, everyone expects a good hearty supper. So I came up with this simple savory dish.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed or 12 dinner roll dough portions
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup sliced frozen carrots, thawed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- If using bread dough, punch down and divide into 12 pieces. Flatten each piece or roll into a 6-in. circle. Press circles onto the bottom and up the sides of greased muffin cups.
- In a saucepan, combine remaining ingredients except cheese; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until heated through. Spoon into bread cups; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until browned.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 385 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 1071mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein.
Originally published as Saucy Muffin Cups in Country Chicken Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.