Saucy Mocha Pudding
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min.
Makesabout 9 servings
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 cups strong brewed coffee
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- Fresh raspberries and mint, optional
- In a saucepan, combine the sugars and cocoa. Stir in coffee; keep warm over low heat. For cake, in a bowl, cream butter and sugar, until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Spread into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Pour mocha sauce slowly over the batter. Do not stir.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. When finished, the cake will float in the hot mocha sauce. Garnish with raspberries and mint if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 278 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 218mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 17, 2009
[quote user="pilylons"] I do not want to have coffee in any of my foods, is there a substute for it?? [/quote] Well, the coffee is what makes it mocha, but if you really don't want to use it, you could just use water. You might need to increase the cocoa a bit, though, to make up for the flavor lost. I'd make it and then taste before adding any extra.
Sep 17, 2009
I do not want to have coffee in any of my foods, is there a substute for it??