Mini meatballs in a sweet, tangy sauce are definitely family friendly. They're a hit as an appetizer or for supper. Try them served over noodles. —Trish Berg, Dalton, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 bottle (14 ounces) ketchup
- 1 jar (12 ounces) grape jelly
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- Place on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until no longer pink. Drain on paper towels. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a large saucepan, combine the ketchup, jelly and onion. Cook and stir over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until jelly is melted. Pour over meatballs. Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes longer or until sauce is bubbly.
Nutrition Facts6 each: 306 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 951mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein.
Originally published as Saucy Meatballs in Country Woman October/November 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
More from Taste of Home
What’s the Secret to Perfect Burgers at Home? A Former Restaurant Chef Shares 11 Expert Burger Grilling Tips