Saucy Meat Loaves
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, bread crumbs, onion, celery, green pepper, salt and pepper. Add ground beef; mix well. Shape into 10 individual loaves, using about 1/2 cup mixture for each. Place in a 13x9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Pour over the loaves. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for about 40 minutes or until no pink remains.
May 6, 2014
Made these for dinner tonight , and we liked them. I did change it somewhat , instead of putting the glaze on in the beginning I just brushed a little on the top and halfway through cooking drained the grease off because we like out meatloaf kind of firm, basted with 1/2 of sauce then added remaining about 10 minutes before it ws done.Since there are just 2 of us I made them into serving size loaves, making it easier to store leftovers. A good basic mild flavored meatloaf, I will make it again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.