- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen lima beans
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, cook lima beans according to package directions; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon cooking liquid. In a small skillet, saute onion in butter. Stir in the cream, parsley, dill, salt, pepper and reserved cooking liquid. Cook 1-2 minutes longer or until butter is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forSaucy Lima Beans
"If you like dill this is a good recipe. I didn't have and half&half, so I substituted 4oz of cream cheese. Turned out very creamy with a good flavor."